Entries are now open! Early entry closes February 15, 2024
Standard entry closes February 29, 2024. Enter by 1800 on March 19, 2024.
- All ILCA 6 and ILCA 7 boats will sail and be scored together. This regatta is also part of the 2023-2024 SCYYRA Ullman/Frost Series for the ILCA 6 and the ILCA 7, a season long series of races in Southern California. Eligible boats wishing to be scored in the SCYYRA Ullman/Frost Series should enter in the ILCA 6 or ILCA 7 (plus U19 Ullman/Frost Series) class, you will be charged an additional $10 entry fee, which will be sent to SCYYRA. Other boats not eligible or not wishing to be scored in the SCYYRA Ullman/Frost Series should enter in the ILCA 6 or ILCA 7 class. The two ILCA 6 classes will be merged, sailed and scored together once the racing starts. Same for the two ILCA 7 classes.
- All 29ers will sail and be scored together. This regatta is part of the 2023-2024 SCYYRA Hamlin Series for the 29er, a season long series of races in Southern California. Eligible boats wishing to be scored in the SCYYRA Hamlin Series should enter in the 29er (plus U19 Hamlin Series) class, you will be charged an additional $20 entry fee, which will be sent to SCYYRA. Other boats not eligible or not wishing to be scored in the SCYYRA Hamlin Series should enter in the 29er class. The two classes will be merged, sailed and scored together once the racing starts.
COMMUNICATION WITH RACE OFFICIALS
- Hearing Request, Scoring Review Request, Sail Number Change, and RC Jury Question forms are available from the race office.
- Hearing requests can be filed from you smart phone using the US Sailing Racing Rules of Sailing-App and emailed to [email protected]
- The following forms can be filed by clicking on the link and providing the requested information.
- The hospitality of ABYC is extended to all participants.
- The galley will be open each day. Breakfast, bag lunches and adult beverages are available.
- The club bar will be open after racing.
- ABYC yard rules do not allow dogs, other than service dogs, onto the property or boat yard.
PARKING AND STORAGE
- Due to space limitations, vehicle parking on ABYC grounds is restricted.
- Off‐street metered parking is available across the street in municipal lots.
- Street parking is available. Street sweeping occurs on Thursday and Friday, check the signs when parking as the parking tickets are expensive.
- Parking of unattached trailers on public streets is prohibited.
- The entry fee includes launching, recovery, and storage for visiting competing boats from the Wednesday prior to the event until the day following the event. Support Person Vessels should be launched at the Marine Stadium Launch Ramp 5255 E Paoli Way, Long Beach, CA 90803.
- The ABYC Yard is open Wednesday through Sunday from 0830 to 1700.
- Visiting competing boats may request extended storage IN ADVANCE by contacting the ABYC office at [email protected] and paying the appropriate fees. The cost is $20.00 per day paid in advance, multi-boat trailers, oversized trailers, 'toy box' will be priced according to space requirements. Any boat or trailer found on ABYC property without prior written authorization from ABYC is subject to impound and associated fees.
- Support person vessels may be berthed at Alamitos Bay YC depending upon the number of entries and support vessels.
Leaving and Returning to Ocean Courses The centerline “Keep Right” buoys from the edge of the Alamitos Bay Yacht Club basin to the end of the Alamitos Bay jetty (including A mark at the end of the jetty) must take these buoys to port. The AquaLink ferry to downtown Long Beach uses this channel and you are required to keep clear of them at all times.
A limited number of charter boats are available from available from Vela-LA.
For further information email [email protected] or call +1 (562) 434-9955
|Mike Van Dyke & Ed Spotskey
|Mark Townsend IRO, IJ, IU
|Don Becker IJ, IU
|ABYC Board Liaison
|Mike Van Dyke
Join US Sailing
Click here to view the latest 2024 ILCA, 29er & I420 Midwinters West Regatta results.
2024 ILCA, 29er & I420 Midwinters West Regatta registrations.
Click here to view the crew list